If you are having problems with your Java telling you that your security settings do not allow this applet to run, you will need to add the site to the security exceptions list inside Java.
A lot of online games like Yahoo Games will need this action performed if you want to ever play them again. You can try lowering your security settings to medium inside Java, but this could open you up to a malicious attack so be aware of that.
In a nutshell here is what must take place, assuming you know that the website is 100% safe.
- You get a Java warning saying that your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running. It will mention a web address ending in .com
- Go to the Control Panel and open Java
- Go to the Security tab
- Click on the “edit site list” button
- Click add
- type in the exact address ending in .com that the security message mentioned
- once typed in click “add”
- click continue to the yellow triangle security warning about the HTTP location
- click ok and then click ok again
- go and try to play your game